When we talk about mobile devices, the very first thing that hits our mind is Android devices, which are widely used smartphones around the world. No doubt, the majority of people in the world prefer using Android OS as compared to any other operating systems available, all due to the great functionality and features of Android devices.
The wide range of apps is offered to the Android users that include games, educational apps, communication apps, data management apps and many more.
Most of these apps are available for free; some are paid, while some are developed with the purpose to ease your various tasks.
But have you ever had a thought that what if you want these Android apps on your Mac or Windows PC?
Though you cannot run Android apps directly on your Mac PC, there is an easy and best way with the help of which you can run these apps on PC smoothly and that too absolutely free.
It means even if you want to play an online game on PC, you can easily enjoy it on the large screen and can gain awesome gaming experience.
Now you might be thinking that how this can happen without spending even a single penny?
The answer is, using Android emulators.
- 1 BlueStacks – The Best Android Emulator
- 2 Features of BlueStacks
- 3 How to Install BlueStacks for Mac?
- 4 How to Install and Access an app on BlueStacks?
- 5 Is BlueStacks Safe to Use?
- 6 BlueStacks Alternatives
- 7 System Requirements for BlueStacks
BlueStacks – The Best Android Emulator
Android emulators are nothing but the third-party software that enables you to install and run all Android apps on your Windows PC & Mac without any hassle. These include BlueStacks, Nox App Player, Andy, MEmu App Player, LDPlayer, PrimeOS, Remix OS Player and many more.
When we have a long list of Android emulators, you may get confused about what to choose for your online games or apps.
Among all, BlueStacks is taken as one of the most effective and best Android emulators, which is used by millions of people around the world.
Due to the high compatibility with Mac, high speed and improved graphics are some of the reasons that force people or we can also say gamers to use BlueStacks to play their favorite game on their system with Mac OS.
Yes, you are thinking right.
Now, you can install Candy Crush Saga, Creative destruction, Clash of Clans, Rise of Kingdoms, Brawl Stars and almost all Android games on your Macs.
All you need is an internet connection and high internet speed.
Here, in this guide, you will learn everything about BlueStacks for Mac, including its features, steps to install and run BlueStacks, and system requirements.
Features of BlueStacks
BlueStacks provides you an effective way to have everything on your Mac, which otherwise was limited to your mobile devices. It is a medium with the help of which you can enjoy your Android life on another system.
Some features that make BlueStacks differ from other Android emulators.
BlueStacks gives you a facility to set your own customized keymap as per your needs and preferences. You can also choose to use the default keymap created by BlueStacks for the convenience of its users. Setting keys is quite simple, with just drag and drop function you can easily perform this task.
BlueStacks enables you to play multiple games from multiple Google accounts at the same time or you can also play multiple games on the same account simultaneously. Thus, you can enjoy as many games as you want in separate windows. Hence, there are endless possibilities with BlueStacks multi-instance.
The performance of games on BlueStacks is 6 times faster than on your Android phone. This feature makes BlueStacks undoubtedly the most effective way to play mobile games on your PC. What else do you want when you are getting the highest game performance and user experience on PC for free?
Other features include:
- It is the fastest Android gaming tool for Mac and PC that offers distraction-free gaming experience to the users.
- The simpler user-interface allows you to access apps on BlueStacks with great ease and comfort.
- The latest version of BlueStacks gives 8 times faster performance than its previous version.
- BlueStacks consume lower memory and lower CPU, thus you need not worry about resource consumption of your system.
Now, let’s move to the next section where you will learn the steps of getting BlueStacks on your Windows PC.
How to Install BlueStacks for Mac?
Downloading and installing BlueStacks for Mac is quite easier and straightforward. You just need to follow these steps to have it on your PC.
- First of all, click the download button for downloading BlueStacks on your system.
- Make sure to give the appropriate location to save it.
- Once it is downloaded, you have to run its .dmg or .pkg file to install it completely.
- Once you confirm, it will start the installation process.
- You require following the on-screen instructions.
- So, have patience and let it be completed, which may take a few minutes.
- Now, your Mac is ready to run all Android apps and games.
After completing these steps, it’s time to make the best use of BlueStacks for Mac by installing and accessing apps on it.
In the next section, you will learn the steps of how to install and access apps on BlueStacks, using two different ways.
How to Install and Access an app on BlueStacks?
Once you have BlueStacks onto your system, you can access all Android apps on your Mac through this emulator.
For a better understanding of the steps, let’s take ‘Creative Destruction’, an online game, as an example.
You have two ways to access apps in BlueStacks.
- Through APK file
- Through sign-in to Google account
Here, we are going to discuss step by step guide for both ways.
Installing apps on BlueStacks through APK file
- Simply, download BlueStacks from the link listed below.
- Once it is downloaded, install it.
- Now, download Creative Destruction APK file i.e. an executable file of Android from the link given below.
- Double-click on this APK file.
- Confirmation message will pop-up that will ask you to allow the installation of ‘Creative Destruction’ on Mac, i.e. on Bluestacks.
- After installation, go to the home screen of BlueStacks.
- Double-click the ‘Creative Destruction’ icon to open the game.
- Go ahead and enjoy your favorite game on your PC now.
Installing apps on BlueStacks through Google Play Store
- Firstly, download BlueStacks by clicking the download button given below.
- Once it is completed, install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open BlueStacks and sign-in to your Google account to open the Google Play Store on BlueStacks.
- If you do not have a Google account, create a new one.
- Now, open Google Play Store and search for the game or app you want to use/play in it.
- After getting your desired app, click on its Install button.
- The installation process gets started, so have patience.
- After its installation, you have to click on its icon to open the game.
- Be ready to play your game on the large screen.
The steps of both ways will be the same for all apps. All you require is installing the APK file of a particular app you want to install on your system.
BlueStacks provides a great way to experience better performance, quality, and speed of the games or apps on your PC, much better than your mobile devices.
Is BlueStacks Safe to Use?
Being the first and most popular Android emulator, it is highly capable to turn your Mac based PC into an Android environment. It simply means that BlueStacks works by simulating an Android device on a system.
No matter what kind of app you want to run, this emulator makes it easier and simpler, and let you use all apps.
But on the other hand, many new users of BlueStacks raised confusion or doubt on its privacy and security.
Since its release in the year 2009, this emulator has several investors that include various big and trustable brands, such as Samsung, Intel, AMD, and IGG. It implies that through this emulator you are getting a high level of security and privacy that you can completely rely on.
A new version of BlueStacks has also cleared its previous drawback or error, where many users had reported that their antivirus programs identified BlueStacks insecure and showed a warning message conveying that this emulator contains a Trojan. But, this problem was not with all users.
As far as any kind of malware is concerned, you can trust BlueStacks with your eyes closed.
If still, you have any doubt in your mind regarding its privacy or security, you can choose to buy a premium version instead of using a free version all the time.
The introduction of BlueStacks has changed the entire concept of playing games on a small screen of Android devices and a large screen of Windows PC and Mac. Since then, several new similar programs have been launched as the alternatives to BlueStacks.
When anyone is asked about the Android emulator, BlueStacks comes first.
There are various other Android emulators that have similar and even better features than BlueStacks.
Andy android emulator is compatible with most of the Android apps, like WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. One feature that makes it different from others is giving you the freedom to play games on the emulator using your smartphone as a controller. It also supports integrations with a camera, microphone, etc.
Nox App Player
This emulator is quite easier and friendly to use due to its interface similarity to Android devices. It provides a similar experience of downloading and installing apps to that of using Google Play Store on Android devices. It also supports external mouse and keyboard, gamepads and game controller.
It is a powerful Android emulator which is quite easier to configure and is specifically designed to play videogames. So, this emulator allows you to configure your controls much easier and intuitively. Moreover, the virtual Android screen can be made smaller or larger at any time.
MEmu App Player
Installing Android games and setting up the controls are easier on MEmu App Player as compared to other Android emulators. The entire catalog of the games can be accessed on your PC; hence, you just require clicking your favorite game and start playing it on your PC.
Other best alternatives to BlueStacks are:
- Remix OS Player
- Many more..
None of these alternatives to BlueStacks ever disappoint the users with their performance.
System Requirements for BlueStacks
It is a really good decision to have BlueStacks on your Mac, but at the same time, you must also know that your Mac system must meet some basic requirements to run this emulator on it.
It supports Mac OS 10.1 or higher version
Processor – Intel
RAM – minimum 2 GB
HDD – 5 GB free disk space
Operating System – 10.1 or higher version
Graphics Card – Up-to-date graphics drivers
BlueStacks works perfectly on all systems that meet these minimum system requirements.
So, if you are wondering whether your desired app will be able to install or run smoothly on your system, simply compare these minimum system requirements with your PC specifications.
The better specifications you will have, the better performance and quality you will experience on your system.
Simply stop wondering how to play Android games on your Mac, follow this guide and gain unbelievable gaming experience on the large screen with better performance.